Download and Install Lineage 13.0 on Galaxy Grand 2 Marshmallow 6.0 ROM. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 was one of the best mid range smartphones in 2013 and since then this phone has been updated officially only to Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat OS. The Samsung company released only one update for that and by this reasons many users were disappointed.
Many owners bought a new phone which has better specifications but there are still some people who own a Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 smartphone. If you are one of them then you are in the right place as today I have a good news for you my friend.
Starting from today you can update your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. This thing can happen thanks to XDA-Developers who have developed the Lineage 13.0 ROM which is based on Marshmallow 6.0 OS. So, once you install Lineage 13.0 on Galaxy Grand 2 your phone will look like a new brand new since Android Nougat is the biggest release ever from Google.
- Use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (ms013g) model number. Please, do not attempt to flash it with any other Samsung or Android device.
- Make sure you’ve rooted your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 and there is any custom recovery image like TWRP, CWM or pHilz installed.
- Since, you are dealing with an unofficial process you should backup your personal data as during the updating process you will be required to wipe up your Samsung device. By doing so, all of your personal data will be deleted permanently and then, there will not be any way to come back.
- In the end, it it preferable to plug in charger your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 if it shows less than 20% power left.
Download Lineage 13.0 for Galaxy Grand 2 (Marshmallow 6.0)
As mentioned above Android 6.0 Marshmallow is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 to a strong Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.
Download Marshmallow Lineage 13.0 Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow using a custom ROM as it is Lineage 13.0 ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.
How to Install Lineage 13.0 on Galaxy Grand 2 – Marshmallow 6.0
- The first step for you is to download both the Lineage OS 13.0 ROM and Lineage Gapps from above and transfer or save them to your phone’s internal storage.
- Then, power off your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 – and wait while the shut down process is fully completed.
- Good; now boot your Samsung phone into TWRP Recovery mode or any other custom recovery image.
- From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation. In way you will hard reset your smartphone which mean that all of your personal data will be erased.
- After doing so, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and load the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM file.
- This time repeat the last step from above but install Lineage 13.0 Gapps package.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and reboot your Samsung mid-range smartphone.
That’s it all; Now you know how to install Lineage 13.0 on Galaxy Grand 2 based on Marshmallow 6.0 update. In case you need help with the installation process do not hesitate to use the comments field.