Popular Chinese smartphone maker company has not planned to release the latest version of Android, the Nougat update. If you own a phone like Lenovo K3 Note then do hot expect to receive an OTA update based on Android 7.0 or 7.1.1 Nougat OS.
However, there is only a way to update your Lenovo K3 Note to Nougat 7.1.1 update and this method is unofficial since we will use custom ROMs. One of the best custom ROMs which comes installed with Android 7.1.1 Nougat build is the Lineage 14.1 ROM which brings all Nougat features on your Lenovo phone.
Once you install Lineage 14.1 on Lenovo K3 Note, the phone will run faster then it used to, there will be huge improvements in the battery life, new emojis, support multi tasking which is also known as multi window and a lot more applications and capabilities.
- This tutorial is supported only with the Lenovo K3 Note 8.0 devices.
- Make sure you’ve rooted and installed TWRP Recovery on your Lenovo K3 Note .
- In order to correctly install this Nougat ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your Lenovo K3 Note. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC.
- Make sure that your smartphone’s battery charge level is over 20%. This will prevent it from powering down while you’re updating your Lenovo K3 Note to Nougat 7.1.1 using Lineage OS ROM.
Done? Let’s go ahead!
Download Lineage 14.1 for Lenovo K3 Note (Nougat 7.1.1)
As mentioned above Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your Lenovo K3 Note to a strong Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.
Download Nougat Lineage 14.1 Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your Lenovo K3 Note to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage 14.1 ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.
How to Install Lineage 14.1 on Lenovo K3 Note
- First, you need to download both the Lineage OS ROM and Lineage Gapps from above and transfer or save them to your tablet’s internal storage.
- Then, you need to power off your Lenovo K3 Note.
- Good; now boot it into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Now the first thing you need to do once, you are into TWRP Recovery main menu is to perform a factory / hard reset. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation.
- Up next, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and just pick the Nougat Lineage OS ROM for Lenovo K3 Note that you’ve downloaded before, which is saved to your phone’s internal storage and install it.
- When the Lineage OS custom ROM is successfully installed you can install the Lineage OS Gapps package.
- In the end, reboot your Lenovo K3 Note.
Good Job; Now you know all the steps that you had to take in order to Install Lineage 14.1 on Lenovo K3 Note a custom ROM which is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat update.