Some XDA-Developers are now rolling out Lineage 14.1 for Moto G 2015 devices. The ROM is unofficial which means that it is not developed by the Lineage Team. Even though, the ROM is not official it includes many of usual CyanogenMod or Lineage features and extra tons of other features added by the XDA-Developers.
However, now for now the ROM might not be completely stable but with the future versions of this ROM, you can expect a better experience and perhaps in a few months it will likely be good enough to be used as a daily driver ROM. If you still are interested to install Lineage 14.1 on Moto G 2015 or Moto G 3rd GEN then at first check requirements from below.
- This guide support only with the Moto G 2015 devices. So keep in mind that, you should not update any other different Moto G vartiant or Android device with the Lineage ROM that you will find in this post.
- Since, this is a custom ROM you will be able to flash it on your Moto G 2015 only if you have an unlocked bootloader.
- Also, make sure your phone has root access and you’ve installed a custom recovery like TWRP.
- In order to correctly install this ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your smartphone. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC if you want your files to be in save hands.
- Lastly, check your phone’s battery charge level, make sure that it is over 20%, as it will prevent your Moto device from powering off during the installation process.
Download Lineage 14.1 for Moto G 2015 (Nougat 7.1.1)
As mentioned above Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your Moto G 2015 to a strong Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.
Download Nougat Lineage 14.1 Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your Moto G 2015 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage 14.1 ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
How to Install Lineage 14.1 on Moto G 2015
- The first step is to download both the Lineage OS ROM and Lineage Gapps from above and transfer or save them to your phone’s internal storage.
- Then, power off your Moto G 2015 – and wait while the shut down process is fully completed.
- Good; now boot your Moto G 2015 into TWRP Recovery mode.
- From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation. In way you will hard reset your smartphone which mean that all of your personal data will be erased.
- After doing so, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and load the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM file.
- This time repeat the last step from above but install Lineage 14.1 Gapps package.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and reboot your Moto G 2015.
If you have installed Lineage 14.1 on Moto G 2015, do share your experience with us by leaving a comment below.