Released in May, 2015 the YU Yuphoria is a mid range smartphone and due to hardware limitations the company has said that YU Yuphoria phones will not get the official Andorid Nougat update. However, those XDA-Developers have now released Lineage OS for YU Yuphoria devices although, the device is almost two year old.
So, if you own a YU Yuphoria Thus and if you want to learn how to update it to Android Nougat update then you are in the right place. This custom ROM is based on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS and if you are worrying then yes, once you install Lineage 14.1 on YU Yuphoria you will be able to test all Nougat 7.1.1 features, applications that come pre-installed, capabilities and some services.
Before starting the guide how to install Lineage OS on YU Yuphoria you should take care of some things which are listed from below:
- This custom ROM based on Nougat 7.1.1 OS can be successfully installed only on the YU Yuphoria devices. So, do not ever attempt to flash the ROM with any other Android smartphone.
- Make sure your YU Yuphoria has root access and a custom recovery image like TWRP is installed there.
- In order to correctly install this ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your smartphone. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC if you want your files to be in save hands.
- Lastly the most important requirement is to check the battery status on your phone and if it shows less than 20% you will have to plug in the charger before doing anything else.
Done? Let’s go ahead!
Download Nougat 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 for YU Yuphoria
Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your YU Yuphoria to a Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.
Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your YU Yuphoria to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage OS ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.
How to Flash Nougat 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 on YU Yuphoria
- At first, download files from above and transfer them to your phone’s internal storage. Do not unzip or extract anything from there.
- Now, switch off your YU Yuphoria completely and once hear a vibrate on your hands after 5-10 seconds boot it into recovery mode.
- When, you are into a recovery mode like TWRP you need to hard/factory reset your YU Yuphoria. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation.
- After doing so, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and load the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM file for your YU Yuphoria.
- This time repeat the last step from above but install Lineage OS Gapps package.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and reboot it.
Good Job; Now you know all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully install or flash Nougat 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 on YU Yuphoria device. For any help or question do not hesitate to use the comments box.