The New Year 2017 has started and now you can update your Asus Zenfone 5 to Nougat 7.1.1 Android OS. There, is a custom ROM named Lineage OS 14.1 which is based Nougat 7.1.1 version so, in this tutorial you will download that custom ROM and learn how to install Lineage 14.1 on Zenfone 5.
This new custom ROM brings a ton of Android Nougat features, applications, capabilities and functions. This means that you will be getting all the stock Android Nougat features along with many extra features added by the Lineage team. In case you’re interested to know more about Android Nougat features you can do it from here.
Since, we are talking about the official Lineage OS for Zenfone 5 release, the custom ROM is now fully optimized and customized especially for your Asus Zenfone 5, so you do not have to be worried about software issues or bugs, force close apps errors, bootloops, heating problems and so on.
- Use this tutorial only with the Asus Zenfone 5 devices. Do not try to install the files that you will find in this post with other different Asus or Android devices.
- For being able to flash Lineage OS on Zenfone 5 without various problems, your smartphone phone has to be rooted, and a custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM has to be installed on it.
- Also, in order to correctly install this Nougat ROM you will need to wipe the data and hard/factory reset your Asus Zenfone 5 device. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC.
- The battery charge level of Zenfone 5 has to be over 20% before you start with the installation process.
Done? Let’s go ahead!
Download Nougat 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 for Zenfone 5
As mentioned above Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to be connected to a Wi-Fi network to be able to download the update with high speed.
Download Lineage 14.1 for Asus Zenfone 5
Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage OS ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.
Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
How to Install Lineage 14.1 on Zenfone 5
- Firstly, using the buttons from above you need to download both the Lineage OS ROM and Lineage Gapps from above and transfer or save them to your phone’s internal storage.
- Then, power off your Zenfone 5 – and wait while the shut down process is fully completed.
- Good; now boot it into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Now the first thing you need to do once, you are into TWRP Recovery main menu is to perform a factory / hard reset. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation.
- After doing so, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and just pick the Nougat Lineage OS ROM that you’ve downloaded before which is saved to your phone’s internal storage and install it.
- When the Lineage 14.1 custom ROM is successfully installed you can install the Lineage OS Gapps package.
- In the end, just reboot your Asus Zenfone 5.
Now you know how to install Lineage 14.1 on Zenfone 5 based on Nougat 7.1.1 OS. However, if you need more help completing this guide do not hesitate to use the comments field from below.