You may know that the CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM was released a month ago but since CyanogenMod stopped all services the CM14.1 ROM is still packing with problems and issues. Thanks to the Lineage developers now you an install Lineage OS on Zenfone Max, a custom ROM which is quite stable when it comes to comparing with the CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM. This means that, you won’t deal with bugs, lags, or any other software related problems.
Along with the extra interesting components created by Lineage team, once you will install Lineage 14.1 on Zenfone Max you will get all the 7.1.1 Nougat pre-installed apps, features and capabilities, quite impressive right?
If you are a newbie at Android devices then you might not know that Android 7.1.1 Nougat comes with new features such as new emojis, improved Doze mode for better battery life, direct reply, quick switching between apps, multi windows which is also known as slip screen mode, Data Saver, and more.
- This guide support only with the Asus Zenfone Max devices. So keep in mind that, you should not update any other different Asus or Android device with the Lineage ROM that you will find in this post.
- Your Asus Zefone Max has to be fully rooted and it should run the latest build of either CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- In order to correctly install this ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your smartphone. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC if you want your files to be in save hands.
- Lastly, check your phone’s battery charge level, make sure that it is over 20%, as it will prevent your Asus device from powering off during the installation process.
Download Nougat 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 for Zenfone Max
As mentioned above Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your Zenfone Max to a Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.Download Lineage 14.1 for Asus Zenfone Max
Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your Asus Zenfone Max to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage 14.1 ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
How to Install Lineage 14.1 on Zenfone Max
- Firstly, using the buttons from above you need to download both the Lineage OS ROM and Lineage Gapps from above and transfer or save them to your phone’s internal storage.
- Then, power off your Zenfone Max – and wait while the shut down process is fully completed.
- Good; now boot Asus Zenfone Max into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Now the first thing you need to do once, you are into TWRP Recovery main menu is to perform a factory / hard reset. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation.
- After doing so, tap on the tnstall option from the TWRP main menu and load the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM file.
- This time repeat the last step from above but install Lineage OS Gapps package.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and reboot your Asus Zenfone Max.
Now you know how to install Lineage 14.1 on Zenfone Max based on Nougat 7.1.1 OS. However, if you need more help, do not hesitate to use the comments field from below.