It has been more than 6 months since ZTE Axon 7 was released and the ZTE company has not rolled out any update for this great smartphone. ZTE Axon 7 comes pre-installed with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS and many owners are waiting to update their phones to the latest Android OS, Nougat 7.1.1 version.
According to some reports we have received the ZTE Axon 7 will be getting Android 7.1.1 Nougat directly instead of Nougat 7.0 but it will take a few months until then. So, if you are an Android fan then you might be searching for custom ROMs which let you update your ZTE Axon 7 to Nougat 7.1.1 update.
If so, then you are correct since by installing Lineage 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7 you can get a taste of the latest Android update. The Lineage 14.1 custom ROM brings all stock Nougat features including: better battery life, new emojis, new app icons, improved multi tasking and a lot more things.
- This guide can be used only if you own a ZTE Axon 7 devices. So. this means that you should not update any other different ZTE or Android device with the Lineage ROM that you will find in this post.
- Since, this is a custom ROM you will be able to flash it on your ZTE Axon 7 only if you have an unlocked bootloader.
- Also, make sure your ZTE Axon 7 has root access and you’ve installed a custom recovery like TWRP on it.
- In order to correctly install this ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your smartphone. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC if you want your files to be in save hands.
- Lastly, check your phone’s battery charge level, make sure that it is over 20%, as it will prevent your ZTE device from powering off during the installation process.
Download Lineage 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7 (Nougat 7.1.1)
As mentioned above Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your ZTE Axon 7 to a strong Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.
Download Nougat Lineage 14.1 Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your ZTE Axon 7 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage 14.1 ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.
How to Install Lineage 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7
- The first step you need to complete is to download both the Lineage OS ROM for your ZTE smartphone and Lineage Gapps from above and transfer or save them to your phone’s internal storage.
- Then, power off your ZTE Axon 7 completely.
- Good; now boot it into TWRP Recovery mode or your preferred custom recovery image.
- From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation. In way you will hard reset your smartphone which mean that all of your personal data will be erased.
- After doing so, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and load the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM file for ZTE Axon 7.
- This time repeat the last step from above but install Lineage 14.1 Gapps package.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and reboot your ZTE Axon 7.
You’re done; Now you know how to download and install Lineage 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7 Nougat 7.1.1 ROM. In case you have any questions or need help use the comments field.