The HTC flagship released the One Max smartphone in October, 2013. This phone comes pre-installed with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean out of the box and since from this version it has been upgraded up to Android 5.0 Lollipop. So, HTC One Max will not get any update anymore including Android Marshmallow and even Nougat update from Google.
But, since your HTC One Max is an Android smartphone your phone is still being supported from those XDA-Developers. They’ve built a custom ROM named Lineage 14.1 which is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat update, quite interesting right?
Well, Lineage 14.1 for HTC One Max is the best custom ROMs that you can install without any hesitation. Also, this ROM is packed with all Nougat 7.1.1 features, applications and other capabilities which can not be found at other custom ROMs.
Prerequisites and Downloads
- Make sure you own a HTC One Max smartphone as this guide supports only this smartphone.
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of your HTC One Max and there is any custom recovery like TWRP, CWM or pHilz installed.
- In order to correctly install this ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your smartphone. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC if you want your files to be in save hands.
- Lastly, do not go ahead with the installation process if your HTC One Max has less than 20% power left without plugging it in charger for a while.
Download Lineage 14.1 for HTC One Max (Nougat 7.1.1)
As mentioned above Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your HTC One Max to a strong Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.
Download Nougat Lineage 14.1 Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your HTC One Max to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage 14.1 ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.
Steps to Flash Lineage 14.1 on HTC One Max – Nougat 7.1.1
- At first, download the correct custom ROM image for your HTC One Max variant and Nougat Gapps and transfer them to your phone’s internal storage. It is preferable to place the zip file where you can easily locate it. Also, Do not unzip or extract anything from there.
- Now, switch off your HTC One Max completely and once hear a vibrate on your hands after 5-10 seconds boot it into recovery mode.
- When, you are into a recovery mode like TWRP you need to hard/factory reset your HTC One Max (Do not forget to backup your smartphone). From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation.
- After doing so, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and load the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM file for your HTC One Max.
- Now return to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and reboot it.
You’re done; Now you know where you can download Lineage 14.1 for HTC One Max a custom ROM which is based on Nougat 7.1.1 build.