Lets go back in 2013 when the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet was released. In that time Galaxy Note 8.0 was one of the best tablets out there. However, if you still own this phone then you are surely a big Android and Samsung fan. Thanks to those XDA-Developers now you can update your Galaxy Note 8.0 to Nougat 7.1.1 update, are you kidding?
No, since a new custom ROM has shown up named Lineage 14.1 which is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and the ROM has been flashed my many people. If you are curious to know then, by installing Lineage 14.1 on Galaxy Note 8.0 you will be able to get a full taste of all Nougat features, applications and capabilities.
The download button of Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy Note 8 can be found from below but it is required to check some requirements from below in case you do not want to face with any issue during the installation process.
- This tutorial is supported only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 devices.
- Make sure you’ve rooted and installed TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet.
- In order to correctly install this Nougat ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC.
- Make sure that your smartphone’s battery charge level is over 20%. This will prevent it from powering down while you’re updating your Galaxy Note 8.0 to Nougat 7.1.1 using Lineage OS ROM.
Done? Let’s go ahead!
Download Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy Note 8.0 (Nougat 7.1.1)
As mentioned above Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your Galaxy Note 8.0 to a strong Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.Download Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy Note 8.0
Download Nougat Lineage 14.1 Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your Galaxy Note 8.0 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage 14.1 ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
How to Install Lineage 14.1 on Galaxy Note 8.0
- First, you need to download both the Lineage OS ROM and Lineage Gapps from above and transfer or save them to your tablet’s internal storage.
- Then, you need to power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet.
- Good; now boot it into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Now the first thing you need to do once, you are into TWRP Recovery main menu is to perform a factory / hard reset. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation.
- Up next, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and just pick the Nougat Lineage OS ROM for Galaxy Note 8.0 that you’ve downloaded before, which is saved to your phone’s internal storage and install it.
- When the Lienage OS custom ROM is successfully installed you can install the Lineage OS Gapps package.
- In the end, reboot your Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet.
You’re done; Now you know where you can download Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy Note 8.0 a custom ROM which is based on Nougat 7.1.1 OS. For any questions or help use the comments section.