The Lineage OS builds are now available for all the Lenovo Vibe K5, Vibe K5 Note and Vibe K5 Plus smartphones. Once you install Lineage 14.1 on Lenovo Vibe K5 You will get all the stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat features as well as tons of other great customizations and improvements that should greatly improve your Lenovo Vibe K5 smartphone.
Lineage OS for Lenovo Vibe K5 is a great alternative comparing to other custom ROMs as it provides a faster and smoother Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS experience. If you want to learn more about this release, then you should check the XDA site from here.
Before starting the installation process please all the requirements from below in case you want to complete this operation successfully.
- This custom ROM based on Nougat 7.1.1 OS can be successfully installed only on the Lenovo Vibe K5 devices. So, do not attempt to update any other smartphones with the files that you will find in this post.
- Your, Lenovo Vibe K5 has to be rooted and should have have installed a custom recovery like TWRP, CWM or pHilz.
- In order to correctly install this ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your smartphone. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC if you want your files to be in save hands.
- Lastly the most important requirement is to check the battery status on your phone and if it shows less than 20% you will have to plug in the charger before doing anything else.
Done? Let’s go ahead!
Download Nougat 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 for Lenovo Vibe K5
Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your Lenovo Vibe K5 to a Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.
Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your Lenovo Vibe K5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage OS ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.
How to Flash Nougat 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 on Lenovo Vibe K5
- At first, download files from above and transfer them to your phone’s internal storage. Do not unzip or extract anything from there.
- Power off your Lenovo Vibe K5.
- Then, when the phone is shut down completely boot it into TWRP recovery mode.
- When, you are into a recovery mode like TWRP you need to hard/factory reset your YU Yuphoria. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation.
- Now return to the recovery menu and tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and load the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM file for your Lenovo Vibe K5 in order to flash the ROM.
- This time repeat the last step from above but install Lineage OS Gapps package.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and reboot it.
Now you know where you can download Nougat 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 for Lenovo Vibe K5 / Vibe K5 Note & Vibe K5 Plus. Use the comments field below in case you need any extra help.