Do you own a T-Mobile LG G4 (H811) smartphone? If so, then I have a good news for you since Lineage 14.1 builds based on Nougat 7.1.1 are available starting from today. LG G4 is a great smartphone with powerful specifications and awesome features however sometimes it comes a time when you try to customize it in order to make it faster, smoother and pack it with the latest Android OS features.
LG G4 comes pre-installed with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS and since 2015 it has been updated till to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. According to the latest reports we have received unfortunately there will not be any official Android Nougat update for your smartphone.
But, since Android is an open source OS you can do almost everything you want with your phone. As mentioned above Lineage 14.1 builds are now available for some smartphone and your T-Mobile LG G4 is one of them. So, you can download Lineage 14.1 for T-Mobile LG G4 H811 model number and get a taste of the latest and biggest Android update at the same time.
- Use this guide only with the T-Mobile LG G4 (H811) model number smartphones. Please, do not attempt to flash it with any other LG or Android device.
- Make sure you’ve rooted your T-Mobile LG G4 and there is any custom recovery image like TWRP, CWM or pHilz installed because with those two requirements you won’t be able to flash the ROM.
- Since, you are dealing with an unofficial process you should backup your personal data as during the updating process you will be required to wipe up your Samsung device. By doing so, all of your personal data will be deleted permanently and then, there will not be any way to come back.
- In the end, it it preferable to plug in charger your LG G4 if it shows less than 20% battery juice.
Download Lineage 14.1 for T-Mobile LG G4 (Nougat 7.1.1)
As mentioned above Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your LG G4 to a strong Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.
Download Nougat Lineage 14.1 Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your T-Mobile LG G4 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage 14.1 ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.
Steps to Install Lineage 14.1 on T-Mobile LG G4 (H811) Nougat 7.1.1
- Firstly, using the buttons from above you need to download both the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM and Lineage Gapps from above and transfer or save them to your phone’s internal storage.
- When both files have been downloaded successfully, power off your LG G4 completely.
- Then, boot it into recovery mode using hardware buttons.
- Once, you are into TWRP Recovery main menu, you need to make a hard reset. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options.
- When you’re ready; go back to TWRP main menu tap on the install option and navigate to the Lineage OS you’ve downloaded previous and flash it.
- Then, go back again to TWRP main menu tap on the install option again but this time flash Lineage OS Nougat Gapps.
- In the end, just reboot your phone and enjoy Lineage OS Nougat 7.1.1 on T-Mobile LG G4 (H811).
Good Job; Now you know all the steps that you had to take in order to Install Lineage 14.1 on T-Mobile LG G4 (H811) a custom ROM which is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat update.