A new Lineage 14.1 for Verizon LG V20 variant is now available for download. This custom ROM comes installed with Android 7.1.1 Nougat update and it brings all stock Nougat features, applications, icons, capabilities and a lot more things.
As you can see from above the Nougat update is a major update and is the biggest release ever from Google. So, this update is not only bug fixes and security patches but also performance improvements.
Verizon LG V20 will be getting soon LG V20 as per rumors. However, if you do not want to wait for the official firmware to update your phone to Android 7.1.1 Nougat version then the best choice for that is the Lineage 14.1 ROM.
Prerequisites and Downloads
- Make sure you own a Verizon LG V20 smartphone as this guide supports only this variant.
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of your Verizon LG V20 and there it is TWRP recovery installed on your device.
- In order to correctly install this ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your smartphone. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC if you want your files to be in save hands.
- Lastly, do not go ahead with the installation process if your Verizon LG V20 has less than 20% power left.
Download Lineage 14.1 for Verizon LG V20 (Nougat 7.1.1)
As mentioned above Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your Verizon LG V20 to a strong Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.
Download Nougat Lineage 14.1 Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your Verizon LG V20 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage 14.1 ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.
Steps to Flash Lineage 14.1 on Verizon LG V20 – Nougat 7.1.1
- At first, download files from above and transfer them to your phone’s internal storage. It is preferable to place the zip file where you can easily locate it. Also, Do not unzip or extract anything from there.
- Now, switch off your smartphone completely and once hear a vibrate on your hands after 5-10 seconds boot it into recovery mode.
- When, you are into a recovery mode like TWRP you need to hard/factory reset your Verizon LG V20 (Do not forget to backup your smartphone). From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation.
- After doing so, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and load the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM file for your Verizon LG V20.
- Now return to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and reboot it.
Good Job; Now you how to install Lineage 14.1 on Verizon LG V20 based on Nougat 7.1.1 OS. In case you need help with the installation process or anything else use the comments form.