Use this article in case you are interested to install Lineage OS on Oppo Find 5 via recovery. Linage team has done another great job since it has released the Lineage OS Nougat 7.1.1 for Oppo Find 5 devices.
So, if you own Oppo Find 5 then you are quite a lucky owner when it comes to this regard. When, you install Lineage 14.1 on Oppo Find 5 you will notice a different UI, better battery lifer, the phone will run faster than before and many more things.
- Use this guide only with the Oppo Find 5 smartphones. You should not attempt to install the Lineage ROM that you will find in this post with any other different Oppo or Android phone.
- Your Oppo Find 5 has to be fully rooted and it should run the latest build of either TWRP, CWM or pHilz Recovery.
- In order to correctly install this ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your smartphone. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC if you want your files to be in save hands.
- Lastly, do not go ahead with the installation process if your phone has less than 20% power left.
Done?, Let’s go ahead!
Download Nougat 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 for Oppo Find 5
Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your Oppo Find 5 to a Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.Download Lineage 14.1 for Oppo Find 5
Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your Oppo Find 5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage OS ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
How to Install Lineage 14.1 on Oppo Find 5
- Firstly, using the buttons from above you need to download both the Lineage OS ROM and Lineage Gapps from above and transfer or save them to your phone’s internal storage.
- Then, power off your Oppo Find 5 – and wait while the shut down process is fully completed.
- Good; now boot Oppo Find 5 into TWRP Recovery mode using your preferred method.
- Now the first thing you need to do once, you are into TWRP Recovery main menu is to perform a factory / hard reset. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation.
- After doing so, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and load the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM file.
- This time repeat the last step from above but install Lineage OS Gapps package.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and reboot your Oppo Find 5.
Congratulations; These were all the steps that you had to take in order to learn how to properly install Lineage 14.1 on Oppo Find 5 based on Nougat 7.1.1 Update.