Are you still a Lenovo K4 Note owner? If so, then you are a lucky user as you can now install Lineage 14.1 on Lenovo K4 Note based on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat update. According to some rumors Lenovo and Google will not release the official Nougat update for your Lenovo K4 Note so installing the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is the only way to update it to the Nougat version.
Lineage OS for Lenovo K4 Note is completely optimized and customized which means that you can successfully boot the Nougat system on your own smartphone. Also, in case you are wondering yes, once you’ll install Lineage OS on Lenovo K4 Note your phone will be capable to run all Android Nougat features, applications and features. So, in a few words with the Lineage OS ROM installed your smartphone should run better and faster than before.
- You should install the Lineage ROM only on Lenovo K4 Note devices. Do not try with any other Lenovo or Android smartphone
- Make sure your Lenovo K4 Note has already root access and installed a custom recovery image like TWRP or CWM.
- In order to correctly install this ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your smartphone. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC if you want your files to be in save hands.
- Lastly, do not go ahead with the installation process if your phone has less than 20% power left.
Done?, Let’s go ahead!
Download Nougat 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 for Lenovo K4 Note
Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your Lenovo K4 Note to a Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.Download Lineage 14.1 for Lenovo K4 Note
Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
Since, you are interested to update your Lenovo K4 Note to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage OS ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.Download Nougat Lineage OS Gapps
How to Flash Lineage 14.1 on Lenovo K4 Note – Nougat 7.1.1
- At first, download files from above and transfer them to your phone’s internal storage. Do not unzip or extract anything from there.
- Now, switch off your smartphone completely and once hear a vibrate on your hands after 5-10 seconds boot it into recovery mode.
- When, you are into a recovery mode like TWRP you need to hard/factory reset your Lenovo K4 Note. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and swipe to the right side to complete the operation.
- After doing so, tap on the install option from the TWRP main menu and load the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM file for your Lenovo K4 Note.
- This time repeat the last step from above but install Lineage OS Gapps package.
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery and reboot it.
Perfect; That was all how to flash Lineage 14.1 on Lenovo K4 Note via recovery. For any questions use the comments section from below.